Sunday, November 20, 2011

An Easy Peezy and Inexpensive Way to Add Shabby Chic to a Wood Chair - Birthing Angels Crafts

A house that does not have one warm, comfy chair in it is soulless.  - May Sarton

One never knows where one will find inspiration.  My sister and I love to go to Garage Sales, Second-Hand stores, Yard Sales and Antique Fairs.  For some reason, we find ourselves drawn to old, vintage looking finds that we can repurpose or reuse in our crafts or in our home.

My sister picked up this chair at a yard sale for $2.  It was nice but not comfortable enough and it did not quite fit into her room decor.  My sister recalled that she had seen an old chair at a second-hand store that was covered with a king-size pillow sham.  It did wonders for the chair---well my sister did the same thing with her $2 chair.  The top part of the sham was opened and slid over the back of the chair and was attached to the back of the chair spokes using the little ties on the sham.  I told you it was easy peezy.  Now you can do it too.
Mary Helen



No comments:

Post a Comment