Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Earth Angel - Birthing Angels Crafts

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.  --- George MacDonald

My best friend in the whole world is Esther.  She recently lost her dog named Chato.  He was a close companion, he loved to wear the crochet sweaters she made for him but most of all---Chato loved to ride on her lap as he stuck his head out of the car window.  She had him since he was a puppy and pampered him to no end.  Chato gave her so much love, loyalty and happiness that it saddened me to hear of his passing.  Of course, Chato lived to a ripe old age but nevertheless, it was hard for Esther.

This is my inspiration for the small shrine I created for Chato.  It is a Mexican tradition to make shrines of loved ones that have passed to keep them in your memory.

Esther, my friend, you are an earth angel to me---a friendship that I treasure and hope will last for many more years to come.

Leticia (aka Tish) 

No comments:

Post a Comment