Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dance is like the soul expressing joy

In life, as in the dance, grace glides on blistered feet.- Alice Abrams
Photo by Marisa Parra of vintage ballerina figurine
I still remember the fourth grade school outing.  We were usually treated to the beautiful music of symphonies playing but this time, my class was treated to a ballet as well.  I don't remember all the details but I do remember the beautiful ballerina that graced the stage.  I watched with captivated eyes, every move she made.  She seemed to glide through each move with ease.

I always had a hidden desire to be a ballerina.  Dance to me seems like the soul expressing joy.

My sister found this vintage ballerina figurine at a cute shop called Ivy's Porch.  I asked her if I could share it with all of you and she agreed. 

Leticia 



No comments:

Post a Comment